Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Brown Blues Fishing Derby, 6:30am
Sunday, July 30, 2017, 6:30 AM until 11:30 AM
Registration is recommended
Payment In Advance Or At Event
BROWN BLUES FISHING DERBY
Registration: Please give your best estimate of the number of anglers in your party.
Shore fishermen are also welcome. Entry fees should be brought to the
Steward on the day of the tournament.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE HIM CHASE YOU DOWN. Registration Begins - 6:30 AM - bring cash (Checks OK, but we like cash)
Fee: $20 per Entrant
Derby: 7:00 - 11:30AM
- No lines in the water until 7:00am EDT on the date of the tournament.
- All fish to be weighed in must be on the SYC dock by 11:30am on the date of the tournament (bring a scale if you have one).
- The heaviest fish caught determines the tournament winner. Any species is eligible.
fish are to be kept which are smaller than each boat’s then largest
fish unless such fish will consumed. This is a release-promoting
of tournament is responsible for engraving the year, boat name and
captain on trophy and returning it to SYC trophy case as soon as
possible. Lettering should be as small as possible.
entry fee of $20.00 per person will go towards pizza and beer at the
dock and a little something for the steward. Any balance left will be
put into the Capital Fund as a gift. Any Shortcoming and we will be
passing the boot.
SYC members may be anglers on any member’s boat. Non member owned boats
are welcome as long as at least one member is an angler on that boat.
or Video of fish with a measurement device visible (and everyone
wearing the same clothes at the dock) is accepted and encouraged.
- Cheaters or those involved in overkill will be immediately seated for a three-year term on the SYC Board of Governors.
- No live lining. Casting and trolling artificial lures only. Worms acceptable.
- No Crybabies.
- Per the rules above - the winner is the fisherman or fisherwoman who catches the heaviest fish of any species.
FLY FISHING CLASS
George Moore Memorial Fishing Trophy
by Raoul & Libby Moore in memory of Raoul’s brother George Moore
who was an avid fly fisherman and loved to fish the waters around
Sakonnet. It is awarded annually to the fly fisherman in the Brown’s
Blues Fish Derby who catches the largest fish on a fly.
is a preferred catch and release tournament, so proper release of the
fish is encouraged. Please measure the fish from the tip of the lower
jaw to the center "V" of the caudal fin. (See below) Bring a camera -
photos are encouraged, but this is a tournament based on the honor